Monday, August 04, 2008

It's ON!

Okay, so here I go again. I've signed up for the Skyline to the Sea 50k. I could just NOT stay away. Actually it makes me feel all giddy and happy inside and I KNOW I'll make it. And this is why -

  • The hubby is super suportive of it....well he always is!
  • I have a great new UD water backpack so there will be no dehydration issues! ( I command it!)
  • I am not going to expect fantastic things of this race... no blistering fast times. To finish in the alloted time will be a WIN
  • I've learned from my missteps and "failures" and will apply them to this race
  • I also know the course and I have run it before with friends, not as a race but just as a fun run Birthday celebration. So I've been there and done that.

So, here we go again! I'm back on the track ...and trail. I've had some really good 2.5+ hour runs that make me feel very confident. And some new Superfeet orthotics seem to have solved my tendon issues in my feet. Let me know if you're running this one too and maybe we can meet up!

0 comments: